Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kirwan's Preseason Sacks

I just read this article "Now's the time to get handle on pass protection" and I wish I had read it earlier, I also would like to review this w/week 3 numbers added. It could use another column, interceptions, would be nice to see and perhaps completion rate as well.

time something I could use more of, but I have less and less of as time passes by ....

Using the numbers the article shows, you could expect better games (more wins?) from Houston, Oakland, Atlanta, Detroit this year and I guess I wouldn't get my hopes up for Buffalo, Carolina, Kansas City, Miami, Minnesota, NYG, Pittsburgh, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, & Washington.

you know I think I figured it out. Go to nfl.com/stats select By Player Category, choose Passing, then click on Team heading and voila, it's sorted by team w/sacks in the 2nd farthest from the right and Attempts just a couple of columns over from Team.

This makes it really interesting as STL QB Bulger has a rating of 51 and 2nd stringer STL QB Frerotte has a rating of 102.4

other hot backup QB's - BUF T Edwards, CLE B Quinn, GB A Rodgers, JAC D Garrad, MIA J Beck, NYJ K Clemens, SD B Volek, SF T Dilfer, TB B Gradkowski, and TEN K Collins

even worse is MIA T Green rated at 47.9

No comments: