Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sportsmemo.com

I started listening to their radio show around 99-00 season, back then they were known by another name but for the life of me I can't remember it. Anyway, websites changes, handicappers come and go, but the stalwarts remain and evolve.
If you missed their local morning daily show (M-F, 1460AM in 'vegas) you could always download it from their website http://www.sportsmemo.com/radio/archive/. They've gone coast to coast w/agreements to broadcast in several markets a couple of years ago and now they're on satellite radio (I can't remember which one or if they're on both).

Their blogs http://www.sportsmemo.com/blogs/ is indispensible, just full of betting angles. After listening to their "picks" on side/total they're leaning toward, you can almost guess what their 20 star play will be for the day. If you don't have time to handicap yourself, you ought to try out their packages, just remember no one can win all their picks, but when these 'cappers get hot, you can go weeks w/o a miss, which of course translates to $$$$. Money management is always the key when betting on sports, bet single picks (team/game) consistently w/the same amount is an easy way to start, then evolve to more as sophisticated betting strategies as the learning curve is surmounted.

Join their forum, http://www.sportsmemo.com/forum/ and "rub elbows" w/the handicappers and others as well. It's enlightening, fun and an opinionated crew of posters. They'll run free contests that let you measure your own "edge" vs other participants.

I hope they continue on for sometime, this past week I heard about betonsports.com indictment by US gov (on radio show) and I'm wondering the effect it may have on other handicapping sites. All things considered (or at least I think I am) this is the best established site that has evolved much more nicely than other sites out on the 'Net. I can only hope for the best ....

No comments: